What we don’t fund
There are a number of things which will not qualify for our funding, as follows:
- We don’t fund individuals. We can only make awards to organisations.
- We won’t fund programmes aimed at elite or international level or events taking place overseas.
- We won’t fund large capital projects. These include construction of buildings, or the expansion or improvement of facilities. The Panel have a discretion to award funding for smaller capital projects (up to £10,000), but these decisions are taken on a case by case basis and are directed more towards fixed sporting equipment (e.g. artificial wickets, basketball nets, bowling machines, sight screens, boats). All capital projects must be focused on growing and sustaining participation.
- We won’t fund a project which has already begun. This is because our funding cannot be applied retrospectively to events which have already happened. You must therefore make sure that if you have a specific start date for a project, your application for funding is submitted to the Awards Panel before that date.
- We won’t fund a club’s normal running costs. For example if you receive £1,000 from a local business which you wanted to put towards the Club’s administration costs, or purchasing or upgrading existing equipment, we would not match it. This is because the sponsorship money will not be put towards a specific project which is aimed at increasing or inviting new participation.
- We won’t match a donation from more than three patrons (see Rules) or fundraising.
- We don’t fund football goalposts. The Football Foundation has a grants scheme called ‘Goalpost Safety Scheme’ to which applicants should consider applying to address this need. Please see the link below to the Football Foundation’s website for information on this grants scheme.
- We don’t new football kit and equipment for under 18 teams or for adults with disabilities teams. The Football Foundation has a grants scheme called ‘Junior Kit Scheme’ to which applicants should consider applying to address this need. Please see the link below to the Football Foundation’s website for information on this grants scheme.