Can schools apply for funding?
Yes, schools can apply for funding. The minimum award for schools is £500, rather than the usual £1,000. The school must show strong sports links with the local community which will be assessed by our panel members..
Can individuals apply?
No, individuals cannot apply for funding opportunities, only organisations which support sport. Therefore, if you are applying for funding as an individual sportsman, you will not be eligible.
How do you begin the application process?
If you have a project you feel will qualify for Sportsmatch funding, follow these steps:
- Ensure the project fits within our criteria
- Find a suitable sponsor and make sure they are eligible
- Decide a budget for the project and include a breakdown of all the costs that will be involved. The budget should be based on the total of the sponsor’s money and the amount that you are applying for.
- Decide when you want the project to begin. Our panel considers awards every 8 weeks and cannot fund a project which has already started. Feel free to contact our Scheme Manager for specific dates of panel meetings.
- Complete our online application for (no hard copies are accepted)
If you have a question which is not answered here, please contact us through this website.