How to claim your award
If you have applied and been informed that the Panel have decided to award funding to you, you will receive a letter from us. This will confirm that your application has been approved and explains how to claim your award. This is a simple and straightforward process and is normally completed within 2-3 weeks of the Panel meeting.
When you receive the letter, you must do the following:
- Note the date in the letter by when you need to claim your award – if you anticipate any problems contact your Scheme Manager who will be able to help.
- Invoice your sponsor for the amount he has agreed to sponsor you, including any order for goods if the sponsorship is “in kind”. Include VAT if you are VAT registered.
- Check you have received the “Press and Publicity Guidelines”.
- Send back to us the following documents, as outlined in the award letter:
- Acceptance form, signed by your coordinator and treasurer;
- BACS form, signed by your treasurer;
- Evidence that the sponsorship monies have been paid to you. This should take the form of a letter from your bank confirming that the monies have been received from your sponsor (whether in the form of a cheque or by bank transfer). The letter must include the date of payment, the amount of money paid in and the name of the sponsor. If your organisation is VAT-registered the letter should include evidence that the appropriate VAT amount has also been paid.If the sponsorship is “in-kind” we will need a delivery note (or equivalent) confirming that the goods as promised are in place. This should specify details including quantity and cost value of the goods.
- Payment Claim Form, completed and signed by two authorised senior officials of the applicant organisation.
- Once we have received these and checked to make sure that everything is in order, we can transfer the award to the bank account for the project. If you have any queries regarding claims please contact your Scheme Manager, as shown below.
David Kennedy 08458 508 508 Bhavisha Mistry 08458 508 508 Kevin Thompson 08458 508 508 Kathy O’Neil 08458 508 508